Description: The Anatomical School at Cambridge University was opened in 1716, although anatomy had been taught since the founding in the 13th century. “The Anatomical School is a building...situated in Queen’s Lane, at the back of Catherine Hall. It contains a large collection of rare and valuable preparations, and is fitted up with a theatre, for the purpose of lectures, which are delivered annually in Lent term by the Professor of Anatomy.” From William Combe, A history of the University of Cambridge : its colleges, halls, and public buildings, v. 2. Published by R. Ackermann. Biology, medicine.
Collection: Rare Books
Caltech Archives ID: RB-RA1815-1
Copyright: The Caltech Archives has not determined the copyright status of this image.